A “night of laughs, drinks, food, and trivia” is how Planned Parenthood Illinois Action is billing its upcoming Trivia Night fundraiser in Chicago.
Of course, abortion is nothing to laugh about. And there’s nothing trivial about abortion, either. That’s the message we’ll be delivering when we protest this event at Revolution Brewing in Chicago. Here are the details:
- Event: Protest PP’s Trivia Night
- When: Tuesday, August 29th at 5:30 p.m.
- Where: Revolution Brewing, 2323 N. Milwaukee Avenue, Chicago [Map]
We can probably guess some of the questions that Planned Parenthood’s supporters will try to answer. But we’ve also come up with several questions of our own that we can say with certainty will not make the cut (answers are further down the page).
Questions that Planned Parenthood of Illinois Doesn’t Want You to Hear
1. What national organization published a pamphlet in the 1950s entitled Plan Your Children for Health and Happiness which stated that abortion “kills the life of a baby after it has begun”?
2. True or false: All of Planned Parenthood’s abortion facilities in Illinois have passed their 2017 inspections conducted by the state’s Department of Public Health.
3. Who wrote the following in the 1933 book Life in the Making?
We of today know that man is born of sexual union; that he starts life as an embryo within the body of the female; and that the embryo is formed from the fusion of two cells, the ovum and the sperm. This seems so simple and evident to us that it is difficult to picture a time when it was not part of common knowledge.
4. A Chicago Planned Parenthood location never called 911 to get help for 24-year old Tonya Reaves after she experienced complications following an abortion at their facility on July 20, 2012. Later that day, Tonya died. How much money did Planned Parenthood of Illinois and other plaintiffs pay to settle a wrongful death lawsuit brought by the father of her sole heir?
5. True or false: On June 23, 2017, a Chicago Planned Parenthood employee called 911 and said, “I have a patient who was getting an abortion procedure and she’s starting to bleed out.”
6. According to its most recent annual report (2015-2016), how many abortions does Planned Parenthood perform annually nationwide?
7. How many abortions did Planned Parenthood of Illinois facilities perform last year?
8. How many mammograms does Planned Parenthood perform annually across the U.S.?
9. Since the year 2000, Planned Parenthood’s prenatal services nationwide have dropped by 48%. During this same time, by how much did their nationwide abortion numbers increase?
10. What is the nation’s largest abortion chain?
1. Planned Parenthood. You can see an excerpt from that brochure here.
2. False, although this is, admittedly, a bit of a trick question, because all Planned Parenthood abortion facilities in Illinois are unlicensed—which, incredibly, is allowed under Illinois law—and therefore they have never been inspected by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
3. Dr. Alan Guttmacher, who would later serve as president of Planned Parenthood.
6. 328,348. (See Planned Parenthood’ 2015-2016 annual report here.)
7. Although the State of Illinois knows how many abortions Planned Parenthood facilities in the state perform, this information is not available to the public even if a Freedom of Information Act request is filed.
10. Although Planned Parenthood doesn’t like to broadcast the fact that it’s the nation’s largest abortion chain, it is, in fact, the nation’s largest abortion chain.