Oppose Illinois abortion funding bill HB40
Urgent action is needed to stop a bill that would institute public funding for abortion and keep abortion legal in the event that Roe v. Wade is overturned!
You can take a stand by filing a Witness Slip with the Illinois General Assembly before its committee hearing on Wednesday, February 8 at 3:00 p.m.
A “witness slip” is a statement of support or opposition that you can make in lieu of actually attending a committee hearing. You do not need to attend any hearing in Springfield in order to file a witness slip expressing your view.
Here’s how to file your witness slip:
- Create an account on the General Assembly website. To do this, click here and fill out your information.
- Check your email for a confirmation link and click that link to confirm your account. When you click that link, a new window will open where you can now log in to your account.
- Fill out your profile details. If you do not fill in your profile details you will get an error message not be able to submit a slip! Write “None” in the “Firm/Business or Agency,” “Representation,” and “Title” fields.
- Return to this page and click this link to access your witness slip on HB40.
- Mark yourself as an “Opponent” of the bill under the Position section. Under the Testimony section, click “Record of Appearance Only”. You do not need to attend any hearing in Springfield in order to file a witness slip expressing your view.
- Click “Create(Slip)” and your witness slip will be filed with the state. You will receive a confirmation email at the address you used to create the account.
Please pass this action on to all your pro-life friends in Illinois by using the Facebook, Twitter, Email or Link buttons below!