Every year the Pro-Life Action League brings the light of Christ to the darkness of the abortuary with our “Empty Manger” Christmas caroling day. The video to the right shows just how moving this effective pro-life witness can be.
In light of November’s elections it’s more important than ever that we be actively engaged in fighting abortion on the ground outside our nation’s abortion facilities. Sometimes that looks like protest, sometimes that looks like counseling, and sometimes it simply looks like bringing the light of Christ’s birth to the darkness of the abortion mill with peaceful Christmas singing.
More and more groups around the country have started holding their own Christmas caroling events at abortion clinics, and now it’s your turn to get involved in this Advent pro-life ministry.
To help you do just that, the League has put together some resources that will make your caroling day a success.
- Caroling Day How-To Guide [PDF]—This step by step guide will help you plan and execute a great pro-life caroling day
- Empty Manger Building Plans [PDF]—Simple, detailed instructions for building an empty manger to symbolize our anticipation of Christ’s birth and the emptiness left behind by abortion
- Christmas Caroling Booklet [PDF]—The carols in this 8-page booklet highlight the Christmas message of hope coming in the form of the infant Jesus
With these resources, hosting your own “Empty Manger” caroling day will be a snap.
Be sure to let us know if you’re hosting a caroling day so we can help promote it. Be sure to document your event with pictures and video, and then pass them on to us so we can feature your group here on the Pro-Life Hotline!
Caroling Days across the Country
The Pro-Life Action League has learned of several Empty Manger or similar Christmas caroling events at abortion clinics across the country. If yours isn’t listed here, please send us the details and we’ll add you to the list:
- Ann Arbor, MI—Saturday, 12/22, 9:15 to 11:00 a.m., Planned Parenthood, 3100 Professional Drive (Map). For more info, contact Paul Dobrowolski at 734-944-7790 or [email protected].
- Bloomfield Hills, MI—Sunday 12/16, 1:30 p.m., Women’s Clinic Group, 43380 Woodward Avenue (Map). For more info, contact Peter Riccardo at 248-202-4903 or by e-mail here.
- Columbia, MO—Monday, 12/17, prayer from 3 to 5 p.m., carols from 5 to 7 p.m. Planned Parenthood, 711 North Providence Road (Map).
- Chicago, IL—Saturday, 12/22, two tours, one in Chicago, one in the western suburbs, both kick off at 9 a.m. (Maps and times).
- Indianapolis, IN—Saturday 12/8, 10:30 a.m. to noon and again from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Planned Parenthood, 8590 Georgetown Road (Map). For more info, contact Eileen Hartman at 812-342-9550.
- Los Angeles, CA—Saturday 12/8, 9:00 a.m. Hosted by the Survivors of the Abortion Holocaust.
- Merrillville, IN—Saturday 12/15, Friday 12/21 and Saturday 12/22 at 10 a.m. Planned Parenthood, 8645 Connecticut Street (Map).
- Nashville, TN—Saturday, 12/15, 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and Saturday 12/22, 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., The Women’s Center, 419 Welshwood Drive (Map). For more info, contact Marilyn Cox at 615-766-4119.
- Reading, PA—Tuesday, 12/18, 9:45 a.m. Planned Parenthood 48 South 4th Street (Map).
- St. Louis, MO—Saturday 12/15, 10:00 a.m., Planned Parenthood, 4251 Forest Park Boulevard. (Map).
- Tacoma, WA—Thursday, 12/20, Noon to 1 p.m. and Saturday 12/22, 10:00 to 11:00 a.m., Planned Parenthood, 813 Martin Luther King, Jr. Way (Map).
- Madison, WI—Wednesday, 12/19, 5:00 p.m., Planned Parenthood, 3706 Orrin Road (Map).
- Milwaukee, WI—Friday, 12/21, 10:30 a.m. to Noon, Affiliated Medical Services, 1428 N. Farwell Avenue (Map).
- Lubbock, TX—Thursday, 12/20, 9:30 to 11:00 a.m., Nurturing Center (next door to Planned Parenthood), 3303 66th St (Map).