Sometimes a song can save a life. That’s what happened one year during the Pro-Life Action League’s annual “Empty Manger” Christmas Caroling Day at abortion facilities in Chicago and the western suburbs.
“We were singing ‘Silent Night’ at American Women’s Medical Center when a young woman came out of the clinic,” said the Pro-Life Action League’s executive director, Eric Scheidler. “She approached one of our pro-life counselors and said we got her thinking about Mary and Baby Jesus. She just couldn’t go through with her abortion.” The counselor directed the young mother to a nearby pregnancy center for help.
The Pro-Life Action League hopes for similar life-saving results during this year’s 10th annual “Empty Manger” Christmas Caroling Day on Saturday, December 22. “These beloved Christmas carols remind us all of the hope and joy brought into the world by a newborn baby,” said Scheidler. “We want to share that hope with the mothers entering these abortion clinics. We want them to know that just like Baby Jesus, their unborn babies are a gift, too.”
Last year, 130 carolers participated in this annual event, and similar caroling tours were held at abortion facilities throughout the country, with even more groups signing on this year. “We encourage more pro-lifers to join this national event,” said Scheidler. “Simply download and print out our caroling booklet and gather a few friends to sing carols at the abortion facilities in your area.”
Two simultaneous caroling tours will take place the morning of December 22, one visiting five abortion facilities in Chicago and the other visiting four in DuPage County. Maps and more information, including other caroling sites across the country, are available at ProLifeAction.org.
At each abortion facility, pro-life carolers will gather around an empty manger, which symbolizes both the hope that new life can bring as well as the emptiness left behind when an unborn child is killed by an abortion—especially at Christmas time.
- 9:00 Family Planning Associates, 659 W. Washington Blvd., Chicago map
- 9:45 Planned Parenthood, 1200 N. La Salle Dr., Chicago map
- 10:30 All Women’s Health Center, 2000 W. Armitage Ave., Chicago map
- 11:15 American Women’s Medical Ctr., 2744 N. Western Ave., Chicago map
- 12:00 Albany Medical Surgical Ctr., 5086 N. Elston Ave., Chicago map
- 9:00 ACU Health Center, 736 N. York Rd., Hinsdale map
- 10:00 Aanchor Health Center, 1186 Roosevelt Rd., Glen Ellyn map
- 11:00 Access Health Center, 1700 75th St., Downers Grove map
- 12:00 Planned Parenthood Aurora, 3051 E. New York St., Aurora map
- Pro-life carolers gathered around Christmas crèche-style empty manger
- Christmas caroling
- “White Christmas” weather
- Pro-life signage
- Possible opposition counter-protest
- Backdrop of abortion facilities