In the wake of yesterday’s protest of Illinois Governor Pat Quinn’s presentation of the “Pro-Choice Leadership Award” at a pro-abortion political action committee fundraiser, Illinois’ Catholic bishops have asked for a meeting with Quinn to discuss his support for abortion, gay marriage and other issues at odds with the teaching of the Catholic Church.
As we await the meeting, check out some great footage of the protest and pro-life rape victim who chose life, Mary Higgins and get links to all the media coverage after the jump:
The League applauds the bishops for their courageous stand. They took some heat from the media for standing up to Quinn in the first place and it’s great to see them continue to boldly proclaim the Church’s stand on these controversial issues in the face of opposition.
News Coverage of Quinn/Personal PAC Protest
- Quinn gets standing ovation at abortion rights event despite protest—Chicago Sun-Times
- Quinn presents award at abortion-rights luncheon—ABC TV News Channel 7
- Pro-lifers protest Illinois governor’s pro-abortion event—LifeNews.com
- Opponents picket as Quinn presents award for abortion-rights group—WBBM AM Radio
- Pat Quinn To Meet With Catholic Bishops, Will Discuss Abortion Stance—Huffington Post
- Quinn Presents Pro-Choice Leadership Award, Catholic Bishops Ask for Face-to-Face Meeting—Fox News Chicago
- Post-rape mom: pro-abort advocate didn’t conceive, doesn’t speak for us—LifeSiteNews
- Slideshow of Pictures from the Protest