Face the Truth Tour on Daley Plaza, downtown Chicago [Photo by Sam Scheidler]
The Pro-Life Action League’s 2011 “Face the Truth” Tour was a huge success, changing hearts and minds on abortion across the Chicagoland area.
The Tour kicked off on Friday, July 8 and visited 9 sites in Chicago and 14 cities across the suburbs with graphic photos of abortion to show the public the true face of our country’s greatest moral atrocity.
The most striking aspect of this year’s Tour was that it ran like buttered clockwork. There were literally no significant problems from passersby, police or our opposition. Two sites had to be changed last minute due to construction, but even there, people found the new sites and turnout was great.
Police in every municipality we visited were friendly and helpful—at some sites they didn’t even show up! Only 2 sites saw counter-protesters (and those a paltry handful) and feedback from passersby was overwhelmingly positive.
Baby Saved from Abortion by Face the Truth Tour
The rest of the League’s staff and I will be sharing more stories of the Tour throughout the coming days, but there was one story that just couldn’t wait to be told.
Cathy Mieding distributes literature outside Union Station [Photo by Sam Scheidler]
On Monday, July 12, the Tour stopped at Daley Plaza, a Chicago landmark. While holding signs along the plaza’s perimeter, a young couple stopped and took a brochure from veteran sidewalk counselor Cathy Mieding.
After seeing the pictures and reading the brochure’s explanation of what abortion is, they came over and spoke to Cathy and told her they were 8 weeks pregnant and considering abortion. They spoke with Cathy for a few minutes before deciding to keep their baby. Cathy pointed them to a pregnancy resource center to provide them with the help they needed.
And that’s just the saved baby we heard about! There’s no telling how many women made the same decision but didn’t stop to talk about it.
We here at the League are so grateful to the many volunteers who gave up their time to help make the Tour a success and we can’t wait to share more exciting stories from last week’s whirlwind of pro-life activism. Until then, check out the news coverage and photos linked below.
- ‘Face the Truth’ summer campaign with graphic abortion images kicks off—LifeSite News
- Abortion protesters demonstrate in suburbs—Daily Herald
- Anti-abortion demonstrators’ graphic display offends some in Niles—Niles Herald Spectator
- Anti-abortion group stirs reactions at demonstration—Trib Local
- Pro-life group set to demonstrate in Westmont—Westmont Progress
- Anti-Abortion Group’s Graphic Images Spark Passionate Debate—Des Plaines Patch
- Anti-Abortion Tour To Bring Graphic Images To Niles—Morton Grove Patch
- Pro-Life Group to Display Graphic Images in Evanston—Evanston Patch
- Pro-life Demonstrators Say Response to Truth Tour Has Been Peaceful—Elmhurst Patch
- Pro-Life League Stops in Wheaton, Shows Graphic Images and Continues Tour of Demonstrations—Wheaton Patch
- Readers share thoughts on planned pro-life demonstration—Lake Zurich Patch
- Pro-Life Demonstration Draws Mixed Reactions—Lake Zurich Patch
- Abortion Protesters Come to Town—Niles Patch