League staffer Matt Yonke and prayer warrior Jerry Nickels praying outside Planned Parenthood Aurora [Photo by Chuck Berman, Chicago Tribune]
As we head into the end of Holy Week approaching and Easter in sight, the League has had a lot of our efforts featured in the news.
Just this morning, there was a great article in the Chicago Tribune featuring some commentary from League Executive Director Eric Scheidler about our settlement agreement with the City of Aurora, Illinois and a picture of myself and stalwart pro-lifer Jerry Nickels which you can see over to the right.
If you’re in Illinois or the surrounding area, please join Eric and me for our 3rd annual Way of the Cross outside Planned Parenthood Aurora at 10 a.m. It sounds like news crews will be out to cover the prayer service, so it should be an interesting morning. Get all the details here.
There’s also been a lot of buzz about the recent dismissal of the ACLU’s case trying to stop the Illinois Parental Notice of Abortion Act. Our good friends over at the Thomas More Society have been hard at work on that case and it’s great to see some progress after over two decades of litigation. The case isn’t over yet, but for the first time the court has recognized that the law itself is constitutional. That’s a huge step forward in protecting Illinois’s girls from secret abortions and sexual abuse.
News Coverage of the Aurora Settlement Agreement
- Settlement reached in free speech dispute between Illinois city and pro-lifers—USA Today
- Good News: Court Settlement Means Fewer Restrictions for Illinois Life Advocates—Focus on the Family’s Citizen Link
- Pro-Life Protestors Win Key Demands From City of Aurora in Settlement—LifeSiteNews.com
- Settlement reached in free speech dispute between Illinois city and pro-lifers—Catholic News Agency
News Coverage of Parental Notice
- Parental Notification Law Won’t Go Into Effect Immediately—WBEZ Radio
- Judge Lifts Illinois Abortion Notification Order—Fox News Chicago
- Court Vindicates Illinois Law against Secret Abortions for Minors—LifeSiteNews.com