Our friends at Survivors of the Abortion Holocaust are asking us to spread the word about their 2009 ProLife Training Camp, and we’re glad to help. Here’s their promo video: Here are the details:
The Survivors ProLife Training Camp takes place every summer in Southern California, a location that provides endless opportunities for exciting and effective activism. However, before you begin any activism, you will participate in four days of workshops and training sessions taught by experienced pro-life leaders. These workshops are designed to equip you to confidently present the pro-life message on the streets, in schools, and to your peers. Whether you’ve been in the pro-life fight for years, or are new to the cause, you will come away with a fresh perspective and better equipped to intercede for the pre-born. Training topics include:
- Why Pro-Life? The Basics, The Woman, The Child: A full-day introduction to the abortion debate.
- The Abortion Industry: Because no one can fight an effective battle without first knowing the opposition. From abortion methods to abortion providers and promoters, the dark history and current status of the abortion industry in America is exhaustively examined.
- Persuasively Defending Life: In-depth apologetics and ambassadorship. Preparing you to represent the plight of the pre-born in any situation, teaching you to engage in effectively dialogue with the ultimate goal of impacting hearts and minds.
- Activating Your Community: Taking the initiative, starting pro-life groups, engaging and activating your peers in their hometowns.
- Media: From online resources to traditional print, television and radio, utilizing the power of the media to consistently present the message of life to the American people.
- Sidewalk Counseling: Because the sidewalk in front of an abortion clinic is the last line of defense for a pre-born child and his mother, experienced sidewalk counselors will equip you to lovingly reach out to women with hope and alternatives to abortion.
- Legal Rights: What you should know as an activist about the Constitution, state and local laws, and how to interact with police at a pro-life event. Knowing your rights is crucial if you are to be an effective and unflinching voice for the pre-born!
Not only will the Survivors ProLife Training Camp train and equip you to be an effective voice for the voiceless, but also gives you an opportunity to try out a wide variety of pro-life events and activities during the last 8 days of camp. Whatever your style, you will be able to find the pro-life outreach that works for you!
I have great respect for the hard-core pro-life activists at Survivors, and I can’t recommend their camp highly enough. For more information or to sign up, see here.