Update: HB-5615 has been tabled, and pro-lifers across Illionois are celebrating this victory.
Pro-life forces in Illinois are mobilizing to oppose HB-5615, the “Reproductive Justice and Access Act”, one of the most sweeping pro-abortion bills ever proposed in the state. “This bill would cement Illinois’ status as the abortion capital of the midwest,” commented League Executive Director Ann Scheidler.
The bill, introduced by Representatives Barbara Flynn Currie (D-Chicago) and Rosemary Mulligan (R-DesPlaines) would:
- Kill all restrictions on abortion in the state, including parental notification and the partial birth abortion ban.
- Force pro-life health care professionals to cooperate in abortion by making abortion referrals.
- Mandate so-called “comprehensive” sex-ed programs, which promote promiscuity and undermine the family, for all public schools.
- Require taxpayers to fund abortions through Medicaid.
- Keep abortion 100% legal in Illinois if Roe v. Wade is ever overturned in the Supreme Court.
How You Can Help Defeat HB-5615
To help defeat this pernicious piece of legislation, contact your Illinois state representative today:
- Find contact information on your representative on this Illinois House list.
- Who is your Illinois state representative? Find out here, and get contact information.