Contact: Joseph M. Scheidler, 773-777-2900 / 312-965-1030
The Pro-Life Action League and volunteers from around the Chicago area will visit abortion clinics throughout Chicago to sing Christmas carols on Saturday, December 20. The “Empty Manger” Christmas Caroling Day will memorialize all those unborn babies who will never “lay down their sweet heads” because they were aborted during the Christmas season, when we celebrate the birth of baby Jesus.
“We’re bringing Christmas to these abortion clinics to show that even in difficult circumstances, babies are a precious gift,” said League National Director Joe Scheidler. “We pray that abortion-bound mothers will have a change of heart, and choose to give their unborn children the Christmas gift of life.”
The pro-life carolers will begin at Albany Medical Surgical Center on Chicago’s northwest side, singing Christmas carols accompanied by a life-size empty manger. The program will conclude at the recently closed Concord Medical Center (full schedule below).
The Chicago-based Pro-Life Action League will be joined by pro-life groups across the country who will hold similar “Empty Manger” events in their own cities and towns.
- 9:00: Albany Medical Surgical Ctr., 5086 N. Elston Ave., Chicago
- 10:00: American Women Medical Ctr., 2744 N. Western Ave., Chicago
- 11:00: Family Planning Associates, 659 W. Washington St., Chicago
- 11:45: Planned Parenthood, 1200 N. La Salle Dr., Chicago
- 12:15: Concord Medical Ctr. (Closed), 17 W. Grand Ave, Chicago