One of the most important things you can do as a pro-life advocate is to share the pro-life message with friends, family, coworkers, neighbors, and other in your life. One-on-one conversations on this difficult subject, when handled with reason and grace, are by far the most effective way to win converts to the pro-life side.
To help you make this most of this opportunity, the Pro-Life Action League has published Sharing the Pro-Life Message, a 116 page pocket-sized handbook packed with all the facts, figures, and reasoned arguments you need.
Use this guide to make the most effective use of your handbook and become the most effective advocate of unborn children that you can be:
- Why your pro-life voice matters so much
- Get your copy of Sharing the Pro-Life Message
- What’s inside the handbook?
- Opportunities to share the pro-life message
- It’s not just what you say, it’s how you say it
- Tell us your stories about sharing the message!
Why your pro-life voice matters so much
You already understand the importance of winning hearts and minds to the pro-life cause. Lives hang in the balance. And while the kind of direct action that we advocate at Pro-Life Action League is essential for keeping abortion in the public eye and opposing abortion advocates, decisions about abortion are made on an individual basis.
That’s why it is so important that every pro-life American be ready and able to defend the pro-life position, share the facts, answer questions, and direct others to the help they need — starting with you!
Although the abortion is often discussed in the media, personal conversations about this issue can be rare, since this can be such an uncomfortable issue to talk about. And that means that every single conversation about abortion is important.
But it’s critical that you have the right tools to confront all the myths, misinformation, and propaganda coming from the abortion lobby. That means having both the best information and the best approach.
That’s just what you’ll get from Sharing the Pro-Life Message.
And remember, even if the people you engage with don’t immediately change their minds, your words will stick with them. Then one day when they or someone they care about is involved in an abortion decision, your words may make all the difference in saving a life.
Get your copy of Sharing the Pro-Life Message
If you don’t yet have a copy of Sharing the Pro-Life Message, you can order yours here for just $5 for an individual handbook. Significant discounts are available for ordering two or more copies, and all prices include shipping to your door.
Consider ordering multiple copies so you can keep copies in your desk, your bag, your car, so you’re always ready to share the message. Give a copies to your pro-life friends. Or order a larger quantity to share with your pro-life group, church, school or any other group that to have this indispensable resource in their hands!
What’s inside the handbook?
- In the first section, “How to Share the Message,” you’ll learn what the core pro-life message really is what it takes to share that message effectively, including “best practices” for talking about this difficult topic.
- In “Life in the Womb” you’ll encounter the humanity of our unborn brothers and sisters, including key milestones of fetal development.
- “Abortion Facts and Figures” presents the latest data on abortion numbers, abortion methods, reasons women say the get abortions, and more.
- The heart of the handbook is found in “Answers to Common Pro-Choice Arguments,” which provided thorough but succinct responses to nearly every question, objection, or concern you’ll hear from pro-choice people.
- “Questions of Law” covers how abortion became legal in the U.S., what sorts of restrictions exist on abortion, and what your rights are as a pro-life advocate on the front lines.
- “Planned Parenthood” exposes the extreme abortion agenda of the nation’s largest abortion provider, and how harmful to our society they really are.
- And in “Getting Help” you’ll find resources for women facing untimely pregnancy, help for those dealing with the aftermath of abortion, and sources for deepening your knowledge and commitment.
And of course, everything in the handbook is backed up with the latest research, with ample citations.
Opportunities to share the pro-life message
This handbook is an excellent resource for any kind of opportunity to talk about abortion, like:
- At the summer block party, a neighbor asks about the pro-life bumper sticker on your car.
- Your professor speaks out during class about being pro-choice, as if no one with any intelligence could possibly oppose abortion.
- At Thanksgiving dinner, your sister-in-law casually mentions that she just sent a donation to Planned Parenthood.
- During a pro-life demonstration you’re participating in, a passer-by walks over to you and angrily asks what right you have to tell other people how to live.
- A co-worker confides that her niece just found out she’s pregnant, and the family is pressuring her to get an abortion.
Use it online, too. Sharing the Pro-Life Message will help you make a better pro-life case on Facebook, comboxes, and other online forums, especially since nearly every claim is backed by references available online.
Deepen your knowledge. The first person to share the pro-life message with is yourself! This handbook will be your own personal study guide on the abortion issue. Flip through it from time to time to familiarize yourself with the content and keep all the key facts and arguments fresh in your mind.
Indispensable tool for pro-life activists. The idea of this handbook was conceived after a pro-life demonstration in Rapid City, South Dakota, when some students counter-protesting our display raised questions about adoption. We had a good general answer, but not the hard data we really needed on how many parents are desperate to adopt a baby. The handbook grew from a “cheat sheet” with some key facts into the comprehensive tool now available for you in its sixth edition.
It’s not just what you say, it’s how you say it
It’s crucial for you to have the solid arguments and well-documented evidence it takes to defend the pro-life position — and that’s what Sharing the Pro-Life Message gives you. But it’s not enough.
To actually have an impact and change someone’s mind on this issue — or convince them to cancel that abortion appointment — you need more than information. You also need the right attitude.
And that’s the focus of the first section of this handbook, entitled, “How to Share the Message,” including a list of “10 guidelines for sharing the pro-life message.” These guidelines include:
- Listen — and pay attention
- Take time to think — and pray
- Seek common ground
- Give the benefit of the doubt, and never take offense
- Admit when you lack information
Once you get your copy of Sharing the Pro-Life Message, start by reading through this section of the handbook carefully. Your success as a pro-life advocate will depend as much on what you say as how you say it.
By engaging with others on this difficult issue humbly and respectfully, you’ll allow them to take down their guard, and begin to establish a relationship of trust — the only true foundation for conversion.
Tell us your stories of sharing the message
Once you’ve received your copy of Sharing the Pro-Life Message and have the chance to put it to use, we’d love to hear your stories from the front lines!
Please let us know how the handbook has helped your pro-life outreach.