Registration is now closed for the first-ever National Pro-Life Bridges Day, being held June 22 at 50 locations from coast to coast. For priority consideration for the next Bridges Day, read through the following questions and then fill out the application form below.
What is Pro-Life Bridges Day all about?
The premise of this project is simple. Using specially designed banners, small groups of pro-life activists stationed on carefully selected highway overpasses in American cities will reach hundreds of thousands of motorists during rush hour with the message, “Abortion takes a human life.”
What is required of National Pro-Life Bridges Day leaders?
If you would like to serve as the Pro-Life Bridges leader in your area, you must be willing to:
- Collaborate with the Pro-Life Action League to select a suitable highway bridge in your area for this project.
- Assemble a small team of five or more individuals (including yourself) to display banners on a given day for 2-3 hours during rush hour (between 6:00-9:00 a.m. or 3:00-6:00 p.m.).
- Invest in a Pro-Life Banner Kit (price TBD, includes 2 banners and frames, complete instructions, and shipping).
Are there any safety or legal concerns for this project?
No: Our First Amendment right to display pro-life banners on highway overpasses has been clearly established by the federal courts (in fact, our own legal team won one of those cases!). Also, the Banner Kits engineered for this project are extremely sturdy and secure, and are essentially no different from any road sign or billboard.
How do I select my bridge?
You do not need to have a highway overpass in mind before you register to be a local Bridges Day leader. Pro-Life Action League staff will work with each local leader to select a suitable location. The ideal highway overpass for this project will have sidewalks on both sides; nearby parking for your team; no obstructing signage or fencing; and multiple lanes on the highway below, with significant traffic during rush hour.
What is included with my Pro-Life Banner Kit?
Each local leader for National Pro-Life Bridges Day will receive a complete Pro-Life Banner Kit, including:
- Two 3′ x 6′ pro-life banners (one for each direction of traffic)
- Two pre-assembled frames
- Bungees and zip ties for affixing the banners to the frames
- A complete instruction packet