League staffer Corrina Gura (right) being interviewed for FOX News Chicago
Several weeks ago I wrote about a new partnership that the Pro-Life Action League has formed with Chicago’s Resurrection Hospital to assist women who change their minds in the middle of a 2-day D&E abortion procedure.
This hospital’s new protocol—known as the “Bethlehem Project”—is now making national news.
The Chicago Tribune carried a front-page story about it on Wednesday, February 9. The story has also appeared in the Los Angeles Times and the Sun-Sentinel in South Florida, among other markets.
Additionally, just this afternoon League staffer Corrina Gura was interviewed about Resurrection’s new protocols by a local FOX-TV reporter outside Chicago’s Albany Medical Surgical Center abortion facility for a story set to air Friday, February 11. Be sure to check out the extensive press coverage of this story after the break!
Interestingly, on January 26—the very day that Resurrection formally dedicated the Bethlehem Project—Fr. Steve Lesniewski, a Chicago priest and dedicated sidewalk counselor, brought a woman who changed her mind about having an abortion to Resurrection Hospital. The Tribune story ends with a quote from this woman who was happy that the “pushy” priest had intervened: “He saved the life of my baby and maybe he saved my life too.”
In the News
- Hospital offers help for women who want to halt abortions—Chicago Tribune
- Hospital Works With Women To Halt Abortions—CBS News Chicago
- Policy on second-trimester procedures is ‘part of who we are’ at Catholic medical center—LA Times
- Resurrection Medical Center Helping Women Stop Abortions-In-Progress, Some Say Danger Looms—Huffington Post
- Halting Second Trimester Abortions in Catholic Hospitals?—RH Reality Check
- Pro-Lifers in Action: Chicago, IL—Susan B. Anthony List
- Chicago pro-life project helps women halt second trimester abortions—Catholic News Agency