Chicago—On July 9, the Pro-Life Action League begins its summer 2010 Face the Truth tour in Chicagoland with the mission of helping the public face the reality of abortion and save unborn babies. Now in its eleventh year, the Face the Truth Tour is designed to help citizens visualize and understand the human cost of abortion. Pro-life activists and volunteers visit sites throughout Chicagoland and display graphic pictures of aborted and unborn babies while distributing educational pamphlets to passersby.
“We want to expose the truth about abortion to the public, and the power of graphic signs is undeniable,” said Eric Scheidler, executive director of the Pro-Life Action League. “Yes, the signs are disturbing—but they should disturb us. The killing of an unborn baby in her mother’s womb is a horribly disturbing reality that takes place more than 3,400 times every single day in our country.”
The 2010 Summer Truth Tour includes the following stops:
- July 9—Tri-Cities Area: West Chicago, Geneva, Batavia
- July 10—Joliet Area: Joliet, Shorewood
- July 12—Downtown Chicago: Kennedy Overpass, Daley Plaza, Union and Ogilvie Stations
- July 13—Downtown Chicago: Buckingham Fountain, Art Institute, Union Station
- July 14—Northern Suburbs: Deerfield, Northbrook, Glenview
- July 15—Northwest Suburbs: Lake Zurich, Palatine, Arlington Heights
- July 16—Southwest Suburbs: Garfield Ridge, Chicago Ridge, Burbank
- July 17—Western Suburbs: Aurora, Naperville
Each tour date begins between 9:00 and 9:30 am and continues until approximately 5:00 p.m. Get maps, specific times and locations here and watch a 2-minute video about the “Face the Truth” pro-life campaign here.