For Immediate Release
Chicago,—Pro-Life Action League announces a press conference and protest in front of the Planned Parenthood on 1200 N LaSalle Dr in Chicago, at 10 a.m., Tuesday, November 17, 2009.
Press Conference and Protest Details
When: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 10:00 a.m.
What: Chicago’s new “bubble zone” ordinance goes into effect Tuesday, which prohibits pro-lifers from coming within eight feet of any person approaching an abortion facility. This ordinance limits sidewalk counseling by pro-life activists and violates the First Amendment rights of protesters outside abortion facilities in Chicago. The Pro-Life Action League has organized a press conference and protest at Planned Parenthood’s Near North facility to send a message that the new ordinance is an unconstitutional attempt at stopping free speech.
The press conference will share information about the malpractice lawsuits against Planned Parenthood’s Near North facility, including:
- Wrongful death due to bleeding from a careless abortion procedure
- Perforation of the uteri of several women during abortion procedures
- Misdiagnosis of pregnancy and age of the unborn child
- Careless performance of blood tests and follow-up care
Where: Planned Parenthood – Near North facility, 1200 N LaSalle Dr, Chicago, Ill.
- Dozens of protesters are expected to be outside Planned Parenthood with picket signs.
- A press conference organized by the Pro-Life Action League will include the following speakers:
- Joe Scheidler, National Director, Pro-Life Action League
- Julie Grisalano, Sidewalk counselor at Planned Parenthood
- Catherine Mieding, Sidewalk counselor
- Pro-Life protesters with signs
- Speakers at podium delivering information
- Enlarged malpractice lawsuit documents in “bubbles”
- Planned Parenthood facility
- Bubble Zone ordinance in action
Contact: Eric Scheidler, Communications Director, Pro-Life Action League, 773-251-8792; Tom Ciesielka, TC Public Relations, 312-422-1333, [email protected]