For Immediate Release
Chicago, Dec. 15—The Pro-Life Action League will hold its seventh annual “Empty Manger” Christmas Caroling Day on Saturday, December 19. Two caroling tours will take place, one visiting four Chicago abortion facilities and one visiting four in DuPage County.
“The Christmas story is a story of hope and joy brought into the world by a newborn baby,” said League communications director Eric Scheidler. “We want abortion-bound mothers in Chicago and the western suburbs to know that their unborn babies are a gift, too.”
The League has saved babies from abortion in past years when their mothers heard the caroling.
“One mother told our counselor that hearing ‘Silent Night’ made her think about how Mary said yes to God—and then she couldn’t go through with the abortion,” said Scheidler.
“We encourage more pro-lifers to join this national event,” said Scheidler. “Simply print out our booklet [PDF] and gather a few friends for carols at the abortion facilities in your area.”
At each abortion facility on the two tours, pro-life carolers will gather around an empty manger, which symbolizes both the hope that new life can bring as well as the emptiness left behind when an unborn child is killed by abortion. One facility, All Women’s Health Center in Chicago, has never had a pro-life presence before. Their website indicates that they are “free of protesters.” Scheidler said that he hopes the Empty Manger Caroling can save abortion-bound mothers entering this facility by touching them with the pro-life message that has yet to be heard at this facility.
Chicago Caroling Tour
- 9:00 Family Planning Associates, 659 W. Washington Blvd., Chicago map
- 9:45 Planned Parenthood, 1200 N. La Salle Dr., Chicago map
- 10:30 All Women’s Health Center, 2000 W. Armitage Ave., Chicagomap
- 11:15 American Women’s Medical Ctr., 2744 N. Western Ave., Chicago map
- 12:00 Albany Medical Surgical Ctr., 5086 N. Elston Ave., Chicago map
DuPage Caroling Tour
- 9:00 ACU Health Center, 736 N. York Rd., Hinsdale map
- 10:00 Aanchor Health Center, 1186 Roosevelt Rd., Glen Ellyn map
- 11:00 Access Health Center, 1700 75th St., Downers Grove map
- 12:00 Planned Parenthood Aurora, 3051 E. New York St., Aurora map
- Pro-life carolers gathered around empty manger
- “White Christmas” weather
- Pro-life signage
- Backdrop of abortion facilities