For the fifth annual “Empty Manger” Christmas Caroling Day on Dec. 22, the Pro-Life Action League is adding a separate tour of abortion facilities in DuPage County. DuPage has been a center of controversy this year over the “Abortion Fortress” Planned Parenthood opened in Aurora. Hundreds of people have gotten involved in pro-life for the first time.
“The Christmas story is a story of hope and joy brought into the world by a newborn baby,” commented League Communications Director Eric Scheidler, who has headed up the pro-life fight in Aurora. “We want abortion-bound mothers in Chicago and the western suburbs to know that their unborn babies are a gift, too.”
The League has saved babies from abortion in past years when their mothers heard the caroling. “One mother told our counselor that hearing ‘Silent Night’ made her think about how Mary said yes to God—and then she couldn’t go through with the abortion.”
At each abortion facility on the two tours, pro-life carolers will gather around an empty manger, which symbolizes both the hope that new life can bring as well as the emptiness left behind when an unborn child is killed by abortion. The schedules for the Dec. 22 caroling day will be:
- 9:00 Planned Parenthood, 1200 N. La Salle Dr., Chicago map
- 10:00 Family Planning Associates, 659 W. Washington Blvd., Chicago map
- 11:00 American Women Medical Ctr., 2744 N. Western Ave., Chicago map
- 12:00 Albany Medical Surgical Ctr., 5086 N. Elston Ave., Chicago map
- 9:00 ACU Health Center, 736 N. York Rd., Hinsdale map
- 10:00 Aanchor Health Center, 1186 Roosevelt Rd., Glen Ellyn map
- 11:00 Access Health Center, 1700 75th St., Downers Grove map
- 12:00 Planned Parenthood Aurora, 3051 E. New York St., Aurora map
Pro-Lifers Across the Country Join in Caroling Day
Dozens of pro-life leaders in cities across the country will conduct their own “Empty Manger” caroling days, many using the League’s Carols Booklet[PDF]].
“We encourage more pro-lifers to join this national event,” said Scheidler. “Simply print out our booklet and gather a few friends for carols at the abortion facilities in your area.”