We’ve gotten a couple of requests to advertise some upcoming events… Erica Peralta of CFC-Youth for Christ has asked up to help spread the word about a youth retreat they’re sponsoring next month in the Chicago area. Here are the details:
CFC â€“ Youth for Christ Spring 2007 Retreat
- When: Saturday, May 12 to Sunday, May 13
- Where: Cabrini Retreat Center, 9430 Golf Road, Des Plaines, IL
- Who: The retreat is open to anyone age 12 through college
- Registration Deadline: Friday, April 27
- Cost: $75.00 (Financial aid is available!)
Erica also provides some background information on CFC-Youth for Christ:
- CFC â€“ Youth is a Catholic Charismatic Lay movement that was launched in 1994.
- Officially recognized, supported, and promoted by the Vatican and the Archdiocese of Chicago.
- International community, based in over 100 countries, and all over the United States.
- What makes CFC Youth Retreats unique? Led by youth, and for youth!
- Fun, exciting adventure weekend aiming to help YOU undergo a conversion to CHRIST
For more information, contact Erica: peralta.erica[at]gmail[dot]com.
We also got a request from Kelsey Luedtke from Smith-Cotton High School in Sedalia, MO, to help advertise a debate on abortion that the school’s Science Club is sponsoring next week:
Hello! My name is Kelsey Luedtke and I am the president of the Smith-Cotton High School Science Club in Sedalia, Missouri. Every year the science club holds a fundraising academic debate on a controversial science issue. This year the topic for our debate is abortion. The debate will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, April 27, 2007 in the Smith-Cotton auditorium. Doors will open at 6:00 p.m. and the cost is $5. Our pro-choice speaker will be Dr. Harry Jonas and our pro-life speaker will be Dr. Rich Poupard. Dr. Jonas is the former president of the American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists and he has served as the chair of Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC) School of Medicine, and was appointed dean of that medical school. Currently he is teaching at UMKC and serving on the Board of the Greater Kansas City Healthcare Foundation and is board chairman of the Samuel U. Rodgers Community Health Clinic, which provides health care services to a population in need. Dr. Rich Poupard earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery from Northwestern University Dental School. He completed his four-year Oral and Maxillofacial residency at Detroit Receiving Hospital, and he is Board Certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Dr. Poupard is an accredited member of the surgical staff of Midland Hospital. He also serves as a speaker for the Life Training Institute in Midland and maintains a online web log about current life issues… If you have any questions, you may email me at gkluedtke[at]charter[dot]net . This is our science clubâ€™s biggest fundraiser and we are trying to raise money for our trips and projects. I believe the debate will be informative and will allow those in attendance to fully understand both sides of the issue. Sincerely, Kelsey Luedtke Smith-Cotton Science Club President Smith-Cotton High School 312 E. Broadway Blvd. Sedalia, MO 65301