Prescient sign at 1981 picket
Update 3/7: On March 2, Joe Scheidler did a radio interview on Terri Schiavo’s plight, during which he descibed the kind of torturous death by starvation and dehydration that Terri will face if her husband and the courts go forward with removing her feeding tube.
Update 2/25: Judge Greer has agreed to postpone the removal of Terri Schiavo’s feeding tube for three weeks to allow the Florida Dept. of Children and Family Services to investigate allegations that Terri was abused.
Joe Scheidler and the Pro-Life Action League have joined an eleventh hour effort to save the life of Terri Schiavo, whose estranged husband is seeking to have her put to death by starvation. Terri’s parents have been working tirelessly for years to prevent the removal of Terri’s feeding tube.
With legal options running out, a group of national pro-life leaders organized by Troy Newman of Operation Rescue West have joined together for a major, final effort to prevent this cruel murder. They have issued a letter reviewing the Terri Schiavo case, debunking widespread myths (for example, Terri is not in a “vegetative state”) and calling for action by all pro-lifers.
Terri Schiavo before her accident
What You Can Do To Save Terri
Scheidler and other pro-life leaders are calling on the pro-life community to take these six actions:
- Pray harder than ever that Terri’s life be spared;
- Fast from food and water for a day, to experience Terri’s suffering if we fail;
- Write or call Gov. Jeb Bush at 850-488-4441 and ask him to do all he can to save Terri;
- If you can, join the demonstration at Terri’s Hospice in Pinellas, FL;
- Make an online donation to the effort; and
- Forward this appeal to every pro-lifer you know.
For more information, read the pro-life leaders’ appeal.