The Illinois Senate is considering a pernicious bill just passed by the House of Representatives that targets sidewalk counseling. House Bill 2486 uses vague language and huge civil penalties in an effort to frighten sidewalk counselors away from the abortion mills.
Illinois pro-lifers are very concerned about this bill and need your help to defeat it. Illinois residents, contact your Illinois senator today and tell him or her to vote NO on HB 2486.
The Illinois Senate is also considering two other anti-life bills. House Bill 211 would require insurance coverage of contraceptives and abortifacients, and HB 3589 would allow stem fetal cell research.
Update 4/17/03: HB 2486 has been taken up by the Senate Health Committee, under the control of pro-aborts, which means it will almost certainly move to the full Senate for a vote in the next couple of weeks. Call or write your senator now.
Update 5/15/03: HB 211, requiring insurance plans to cover contraceptives and abortifacients, has now passed the Senate and will go to Governor Rod Blagojevich, who is very likely to sign it. Tell Governor Blagojevich not to sign HB 211!Office of the Governor
207 State House
Springfield, IL 62706
- Get contact information on your senator from the Illinois Senate web page
- Find out who your Illinois senator is on the Illinois General Assembly site
- Illinois Citizens for Life and Illinois Federation for Right to Life press release on the danger posed by these three bills
- Get more information on these bills including the full texts from the Illinois General Assembly site
- Read Joe Scheidler’s commentary on these bills from the April 8-10 Hotline