Pro-Life Action League

. . . because action speaks louder than words.

League history, NOW v. Scheidler, Action News, Joe Scheidler, League staff

Q & A on abortion, the unborn child, where we stand on the issues and more

Helping abortion-bound women choose life for their babies

Unmasking the truth about abortion in the public square

Our youth outreach, raising up a new generation of pro-life leaders

Abortion industry converts tell the inside story

News and commentary from the Pro-Life Action League

News and commentary from the Pro-Life Action League

Home Hotline Blog Article

Shocking New Admission in Irish Abortion Case

Posted by Matt Yonke (December 7, 2012 at 4:04 pm)
Savita and Praveen Halappanavar 

Praveen and Savita Halappanavar

By now you’ve doubtless heard the story of Savita Halappanavar, the Indian woman who died in an Irish hospital after possibly requesting an abortion.

Earlier this week, the reporter who initially broke the story with the headline “Woman ‘denied a termination’ dies in hospital”, implying that she died because she did not receive an abortion, admitted she did not even know for a fact that an abortion had even been requested.

Now, the attorney for Savita’s widower Praveen admits that his client has never claimed that the lack of an abortion put his wife’s life in peril:

My client wants to know why a request for a termination was refused. Mr. Halappanavar has never claimed in any interview that a termination could have saved his wife’s life.

The story has fueled protests against Ireland’s abortion laws across Europe and a movement to liberalize the country’s abortion policy which proponents are trying to rush through before Christmas.

As more and more facts come out, one thing is clear: Savita’s story and her memory are being abused for political purposes by abortion proponents.

Abortion campaigners were given advance knowledge of the story and the reporter who initially reported Savita’s tragic death, Kitty Holland, is the daughter of two known abortion proponents and has now admitted that an omission from her story made the news seem far more sensational than the facts allow.

We at the Pro-Life Action League will continue to follow the story and will continue to call on abortion proponents to stop taking advantage of the memory of a tragedy to push their political platform.

[Back to Top]

Posted in Abortion, Law and Politics, The Culture War. Follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 Responses to “Shocking New Admission in Irish Abortion Case”

Note: Visitor comments do not necessarily reflect the views of the Pro-Life Action League.

  1. celticfireforever says:

    Major discrepancies” in reporting of Savita’s death.
    http://youtu.be/jQmc-eeNXCU

    December 9, 2012 at 7:31 am
  2. celticfireforever says:

    Savita Journalist admits may be ‘no request for termination!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfi73SOjguc

    December 9, 2012 at 7:32 am
  3. celticfireforever says:

    Savita Halappanavar – The Truth!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrKYUMh3SU4

    December 9, 2012 at 7:33 am

Leave a Reply to this Hotline Entry

We welcome a free and open exchange of ideas on the Pro-Life Hotline, from all points of view, but we request that you restrict your remarks to the topic(s) presented in the entry above.

To ensure constructive dialog, the following will not be tolerated:

You may use HTML code to style your comments.